Sunday, October 10, 2010

Replay Value

Replay Value — Blue Ink Alchemy

Dragon Age
So, in spite of some of the less than charitable things I've said about Dragon Age: Origins, I'm playing it again. And I know it won't be the last time. My wife and I like to discuss different things we like about the game, other ways we plan on playing it, and even toss dialog from the game back and forth at one another. If that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is. I'm also starting up a new Mass Effect play-through, but I'll probably finish my Orange Box review series as well as Assassin's Creed 2 before I really dedicate myself to putting another Infiltrator through the paces of Insanity. There's a lot to be said for a game's design, though, if I'm willing to put myself through the stickier bits just to enjoy a particular scene or storyline again. Fallout 3 is another candidate for a repeat play-through, provided I can find a way to afford all of the DLC. I think I'd need a magic cauldron or something. I've thought about the replay value of some older games, as well. StarCraft, Full Throttle, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, pretty much any of the Wing Commander games... they're all games I've played multiple times, and even with the gift of hindsight and more advanced simulations at my disposal, I'd happily play any of them again. Share your thoughts with me, folks. What games have you encountered that, after playing them through, maybe even years ago, you'd really enjoy playing again? What gives a game replay value for you?
Blue Ink Alchemy

No comments:

Post a Comment