Monday, April 26, 2010

Thoughts on Blogging

Thoughts on Blogging — Blue Ink Alchemy

The Thinker
Today's one of those days where I just have to admit: "Yeah, I got nothin'." I know there are some out there who believe that there's no point in putting up a blog post if it's not going to be about anything significant. But I don't operate under the impression that everything I say is going to carry deep meaning. Not every brick that drops out of the sphincter of my mind is going to be a golden one. The only thing of true significance concerning this rather dreary Monday is the fact that I'm going to be increasing my daily word goal in the Project to 1250. If I can get at least that many in per day, with that amount being 1% of my total projected word count, I can reasonably predict when I might finish, set a deadline and adjust my pace accordingly. Thankfully, I don't think this general miasma under which I'm operating today will extend to how things will be this evening. I'll change into comfortable clothes, pour myself a drink and try to get a bit further in the current scene. I want to make sure things gel properly. Open forum time, folks. Those of you who are bloggers - what do you do when you feel you've nothing to blog about? Do you mine your site stats for search terms? Do you put down a stream of consciousness exercise? Do you just not bother? Your thoughts, give them to me.
Blue Ink Alchemy

No comments:

Post a Comment